Preventative dentistry is one of the most important investments you can make in your dental health. Preventative dental care is designed to minimize the onset of complications and early tooth decay. It may help you to have a smile you’re proud of longer. Our preventative dentistry services at Lovett Dental Pearland in Texas are available to children and adults.
Why Is Preventative Dentistry So Essential?
By maintaining a healthy smile, you protect your overall health. Dental health directly relates to general health. With our preventative dental care, we may be able to help you avoid gum disease, wearing of the enamel, or cavities. That not only makes sure your teeth will last longer, but it means less overall dental cost and fewer instances of pain for many people. The goal of preventative dental care includes:
- Catching the early warning signs of gum disease and treating them
- Minimizing tooth decay
- Preserving your natural teeth for as long as possible
- Reversing any early gum disease or cavities present
- Maintaining a healthy and beautiful smile for years to come
How Do We Use Preventative Dentistry Services to Achieve These Goals?
There are many components of preventative dentistry. At the very foundation of them is having you come in for routine checkups, X-rays, and teeth cleanings. You may know you should do this one time every six months, but you also want to ensure that your smile is properly safeguarded from future risks through some of our other preventative dentistry services such as these.
- Sealants: Dental sealants help lock away the tooth and prevent bacteria from entering the soft tissues there. This can help to prevent the onset of damage from cavities and tooth decay. Sealants are often recommended for those most at risk for cavities, such as those who consume a lot of sugar or children who may not have the best dental hygiene habits yet.
- Deep Cleanings: Dental cleanings are always important. Deeper, more extensive cleanings become important when there are early signs of gum disease, such as bleeding and sensitive gums. Cleaning away the bacteria at the gum line can help to prevent periodontal disease and tooth decay.
- Fluoride Treatments: The goal of fluoride treatments is to help strengthen the teeth. These work to improve the overall health of your teeth by providing this important mineral. Fluoride is beneficial for many people, especially those who may not have another source of it, such as from drinking water.
What Other Preventative Dental Care Can You Get?
Preventative dentistry is all about protection. That’s why we recommend routine x-rays and not missing those appointments every six months. It’s also important to work with our team to handle problems that arise quickly, such as tooth pain or damage to a tooth. Here’s what you should do:
- Have a full dental exam at our office in Texas every six months.
- Let us treat any dental emergency quickly.
- Keep up on your good oral habits at home, such as brushing twice a day and flossing.
- Minimize the sugar intake and eat a nutritious diet.
- Have general teeth cleanings every six months.
Our preventative dentistry services can always help you. If you’re not sure how to tackle your dental health needs, reach out to us. Let us provide you with insight and solutions that can help improve your smile now and protect it for as long as possible.
Choose to Protect Your Smile – Call Lovett Dental Pearland
Preventive dentistry makes a big difference in the long term. At Lovett Dental Pearland in Texas, we offer comprehensive preventative dentistry services designed to keep your smile looking its best for years to come. To learn more about our preventative dental care or schedule an appointment, call 254.275.6542 today.