Have your teeth lost their brilliant shine? Let us help you restore your vibrant smile with professional teeth whitening services. Lovett Dental offers teeth whitening services patients want. Contact our clinic today and schedule an appointment for teeth whitening and other dental services.
During your time here, one of our dental professionals will go over the details of both our in-office and at-home teeth whitening solutions with you. During your initial consultation, our experts will examine your teeth and address any dental issues. They will listen to your concerns and talk about your needs in a kind and caring manner. When you are in our clinic, we treat you like family!
Teeth Whitening Services We Offer
We offer two main teeth whitening services at our office:
- In-office bleaching: We perform full teeth cleaning in our dental office. The entire procedure takes about an hour. The length of the procedure depends on the condition of your teeth and any issues we may need to address.
- Teeth whitening gels: Teeth whitening kits from our clinic contain power gels that can remove stains. They produce fast, effective results because they contain an active bleaching agent.
What Can You Expect from Teeth Whitening?
Teeth whitening significantly improves the look of your teeth by up to six shades whiter with just one treatment. It is the fastest way to get the results you want without harming your teeth. If you have light stains, then we should be able to whiten your teeth in one sitting. However, if you have dark stains, you may need more than one session to achieve the desired outcome.
The most common side effect that patients report is slight pain or sensitivity to hot and cold beverages. While the side effects can cause discomfort, it is only temporary and will steadily decrease after the teeth cleaning procedure. We can also recommend special toothpaste or mouthwash that may dull the sensitivity.
Our Teeth Whitening Procedure
Our procedure varies depending on the type of treatment we provide for you. Otherwise, our whitening treatment typically follows this procedure:
- We examine your teeth to identify and diagnose any possible medical conditions.
- We provide your teeth with a full cleaning.
- We insert a cheek retractor, which gives us a clear passage to whiten your teeth.
- We apply a protective gel to your gums, which protects them from the whitening agent.
- We then apply a whitening gel to your teeth to enhance the results.
Once we complete the procedure, we assess the results and determine if another whitening session is necessary.
What Causes Discoloration?
To avoid discoloration both before and after you go in for teeth whitening, avoid drinking and chewing on the following:
- Dark foods or drinks. Soda, coffee, tea, wine, and other foods may stain your teeth.
- Acidic food or drinks. Food or beverages with high acidic levels such as citrus or soda can wear down your enamel. Thinning enamel allows stains to gather on the teeth more quickly.
- Tobacco. Tar and nicotine found in cigarettes can affect your oral health. Smoking and chewing tobacco can leave dark stains over time.
- Medication. Antibiotics such as tetracycline and doxycycline may discolor your teeth. Other types of medications may darken the color of teeth. Check with your dentist to find out if your medications are discoloring your teeth.
- Natural aging. The enamel on your teeth thins out as you age. Naturally, your teeth will be more vulnerable to stains.
- Neglect. Without proper brushing, flossing, and dental cleanings, plaque, tartar buildup, tooth decay, or gum disease may occur.
Schedule a Session
If you want whiter teeth and need professional cleaning, contact Lovett Dental Pearland and schedule a consultation. We are your teeth whitening specialists. To schedule a whitening session, call us at 281-416-5844. You can also fill out the form on our contact page.